Building on the success of the last couple of years’ trade union conferences, the event will bring together trade unionists from across different industries and sectors to discuss and organise how we can raise anti racism in our unions and workplaces.
The Stand Up to Racism Trade Union conference is taking place on:
Saturday 8th February
At SOAS (Brunei Gallery), Russell Square, London, WC1H 0XG.
• Margaret Greer, Unison National Race Equality Officer
• Wilf Sullivan, TUC Race Equality Officer
• Daniel Kebede, NEU National Executive Council
• Riccardo La Torre, FBU Eastern Regional Secretary
There are also workshops on the following:
• Building Anti-Racist Education
• Fighting the ‘hostile environment’ in the NHS
• Love Music Hate Racism: Culture and the anti-racist movement.
• Solidarity with Refugees
• Anti-Racist Reps Training: Five Arguments Every Rep Needs to Know.
• How We Pushed Back The Far Right, and Understanding The Threat (Includes report on Auschwitz trip)
• Challenging Islamophobia in the Workplace
For the first 8 people who contact the Branch we are able to provide travel costs and registration fees, email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Alternately you can register via Eventbrite between £6-8.