Coronavirus Advice Update:
PLEASE READ THE BELOW ADVICE FROM THE NHS, WHO AND GOV.UK REGARDING CORONAVIRUS AND YOUR HEALTH.
Special advice for HomeCare Workers:
Information to be updated…
Symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid – 19):
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness.
The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
How to avoid catching or spreading Coronavirus (Covid – 19):
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
What to do if you think you might have Coronavirus (Covid – 19):
If you think you might have coronavirus or you’ve been in close contact with someone who has it:
- stay at home and avoid close contact with other people
- do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital
- use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next
The 111 coronavirus service will tell you if you need to continue to stay at home (self-isolate) or if you need medical help.
Please see advice from GOV.UK regarding travel:
The World Health Organisation mythbusting Coronavirus (Covid – 19):
Please see the graphics attached below.