With many people now working from home to prevent the spread of Covid-19, here is some advice from My Whole Self on how to support your mental health when working from home.
Some key tips for working from home include (but are not limited to):
- Get up at the same time each morning, this keeps some normality in your sleeping pattern.
- Get washed and dressed – if you’re dressed for work you’ll feel more mentally prepared to work.
- Try to exercise, go for a walk or a jog. If self isolating indoors there’s lots of exercise videos online that can be utilised to keep fit and healthy when not able to leave the house.
- Take regular screen breaks, like you would at work.
- Utilise other methods of keeping in touch with work/colleagues – Microsoft Teams is a great tool for this, as well as Skype.
The NHS has also released guidance on how to sit correctly while working to ensure no extra strain is caused from improper posture:
Outside of work don’t forget to socialise, you won’t be able to do this through the usual methods right now but social media is a wonderful way to keep in touch and chat with your community too – with video chat apps, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram all accessible through your Smartphone.
Find out more on the My Whole Self Website
My Whole Self info from the above website, and graphic at the beginning of the post.