After listening and questioning the candidates we decided to nominate Paul Holmes for general secretary because:
- Paul has the best record of leadership and fighting for members;
- Paul is the members’ candidate, from the shop floor;
- Paul will take the job on his current wage of £32,000, declining the £100,000 available;
- Paul will massively increase funding to branches so we can support you better;
- Paul has a track-record of winning disputes and elections, which other candidates do not;
- Paul’s leadership will be inclusive, developing talents from across our whole union and involving retired members;
- Paul is popular across UNISON!