UNISON has arranged three online workshops for members with YGAM (Young Gamblers & Gamers Education Trust) aimed at members working with young people, from primary aged children all the way up to university aged young adults.
YGAM are a UK charity and the online training sessions they will be delivering are designed to equip you with the knowledge and resources to inform, educate and safeguard the young people you work with about gaming and gambling.
The sessions are 150 minutes long and have been developed for those whose role enables them to support young people in making safer choices and prevent future harm.
You will learn about:
- How young people are increasingly exposed to gaming and gambling
- The influence of advertising, particularly around sporting events
- The role of social media, in-game purchases, loot boxes and E-sports
- The signs of harm and where to seek help
- YGAM resources
Following the session you will receive (from YGAM):
- A YGAM certificate of attendance
- A digital copy of the YGAM In The Know Booklet
- Access to other resources and materials
To register for the training click below to fill out the form: