Our new Branch Welfare Officer has written a letter to members, introducing herself and what There for You can do for you.
Dear UNISON member,
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the new Welfare Officer for the Birmingham Branch. I will be working at the branch on Wednesdays and Thursdays helping members access the Unison charity ‘There for You’.
‘There for You’ supports members in many ways including with the following:
- Living expenses whilst benefit applications are processed or help in adjusting to a reduction in income.
- Essential items such as household or disability equipment.
- Help towards property adaptations to meet disabled needs.
- Clothing for example where there has been weight loss/gain linked to ill-health or where a child needs clothing for school.
- Heating/Utility bills were bills are higher than normal due to health or other reasons.
- Bankruptcy or Debt Relief Order.
- Preventing Homelessness in extreme situations such as help to stop repossession or eviction action.
- Assisting with rental deposit-moving home in unavoidable and exceptional reasons e.g. domestic violence.
The list is endless in the support the charity provides for our members. For more information please see the There for You link below:
If you would like to see if you are eligible with any Unison Welfare assistance please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Welfare Officer – UNISON Birmingham Branch